Wednesday, April 8, 2015

In Case You Missed It...Artist Showcase


A sampling of long-time Trinity member Steve Hostetler's photographs were recently showcased in the Artist Display Case on Level 2 of the Plaza Building. It's not a large case, but it is always filled with beautiful works of art by Trinity members. We asked Steve to tell us a little more about his gift for photography:


"Photography has been part of my life for about as long as I can remember. My first camera in the mid 1970s was a plastic camera from Shakey's Pizza that took 120 roll film. I carried it everywhere taking pictures of family, pets and everything else that caught my eye. At 15,  my parents bought me my own 35mm camera, and off I went! I photographed wildlife, air shows, flowers, landscapes and loved taking pictures of my friends' band in high school. Eventually I began photographing some of the rock bands that came through Colorado Springs in the 80s, but I could never get approval to photograph the big bands that came to Denver arenas.

Fast forward 35 years...I still love photography more than any other job I have ever had. In 2013 I started Steve Hostetler Photography and turned passion into profession. I continued to pursue music photography and am now the concert photographer for 98.5 KYGO radio and contributor to the Denver Post's music blog. I have photographed more than 135 acts from George Strait to Merle Haggard and shoot around 25 shows a year. I was privileged to photograph the Trinity Christmas Concert last year. I was also asked to photograph a CD cover for American Idol finalist Kristy Lee Cook in 2014. I've photographed President Obama, Governor Romney, Governor Hickenlooper and other public figures.

Most of my work is portrait photography, professional and business headshots, event photography, wildlife, landscape and fine art photography, but I can photograph anything!

Photography lets me "see." It allows me to visualize things differently. I am blessed to be able to capture visual images in a unique and memorable way. I have often been told that my images have "life." I believe it's because when I photograph people, I concentrate on their eyes. Eyes have to sparkle! I can't begin to express the joy of making an image that makes people feel something. I want people to feel like they are there themselves.

Thanks to Trinity Music & Arts Ministry for the opportunity to display my photography during the month of March!  I hope you enjoyed it. Please contact me if you have any questions or have any need for photography—senior portrait season is right around the corner!"

View more of Steve's photography at www.stevehostetler.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment