Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: Church Day




Tuesday, February 16

Church Day

I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord!Psalm 122:1

I can't remember a time when Sunday was not "church" day.  Sunday was totally "family day" and mornings and evenings were spent in Church. I always looked forward to the more relaxed evening services with singing of old familiar and gospel hymns.

As I grew up, I became more involved in the life of the church - Sunday school to youth choir to MYF to teaching Sunday school, to young adult groups and serving on church committees.

My church life alternated between our fairly large "town" church and the very small country church of my grandparents where most of the congregation were relatives and many took part in the Sunday services.

For me "Trinity is the place to be" for Sunday worship. The more traditional service, the wonderful music and the children all make the service meaningful, uplifting and sustaining for the week ahead.

Prayer:  We thank you God for our day of rest a time for renewing our souls and a time for reflection.  May we always remember the Sabbath to keep it holy.  Amen

Marilyn Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment