Sunday, February 21, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: Sabbath Day...Rest Day




February 21

Sabbath Day…Rest Day

Isaiah 43: 1-5 (excerpts) Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. Because you are precious in my sight and honored, and I love you, Do not fear, for I am with you.

Moving into this day, perhaps it’s time to reconsider the possibility of a true Sabbath…a day of rest…a time to set aside the “to do list”…a time to allow God’s spirit and grace to intervene.  Perhaps this is the day to engage in conversation with the community of faith at church and to intentionally engage in conversation with God.  Perhaps today, this is the message from God that might just provide a good day!

Good Morning Precious Child of Mine!
This is God
I will be handling
All of your problems today.
I will not need
your help.
So, relax
and have a good day!!

 
Written by and for those of us who need Sabbath

No comments:

Post a Comment