Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: Reflection




Tuesday, February 23

Reflection

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.—Matthew 7:7

Many of us lead extremely hectic lives.  I have to admit that, at times, my schedule becomes so filled that it difficult to hear the voice of God.  Although waking up at 7:00 AM on a Sunday feels like the last thing I want to do during the busiest times of the season, my mornings at Trinity give me the calm I need to hear what God is leading me to do.

Last year around this time I was feeling called to participate in a Trinity Lenten group, but also knew I was unable to commit. The groups were too far from our home or met at times that didn’t work with my family’s schedule. Instead of letting my “busyness” block God’s calling, I decided to form a Lenten group in my neighborhood.  We conveniently met on Sunday afternoons while our kids played in the basement. The location and discussion leader changed from week to week so no one carried too much of the load. The members are all crazy busy working mothers, but we know the importance of hearing what God has in store for our lives.  Fortunately, He is calling us into community again this year, and I can’t wait to see what unfolds. 

Prayer: Dear God, I admit that there are times when my schedule becomes so busy that I ignore your words.  Thank you for never giving up on me.  I know that when I listen for your voice, your plans for my amazing life become clearer.  What a gift! Amen.
Trudi Wright 

No comments:

Post a Comment