Tuesday, March 15, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: I Know the Lord's Laid His Hands on Me




Tuesday, March 15

I Know the Lord's Laid His Hands on Me

A good friend invited me to come to Trinity in 1956.  The beauty of the church and the services that day placed a new inspiration within me.

Later, after joining the church I kept feeling strong direction to quit my present job and work within the church.  One night after leaving the Chi Sigs young adult group, I got into my car and prayed "Lord, please help me, for I don't know which way to go or which path to take."  No person heard my prayer but two days later I received a "welcome as a new member".  The lady who sent the letter had included a Bible scripture: Proverbs 3:6  " In all the ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path."

Sometime later the church invited me to be director of the youth and education program and I accepted.  Later Dr. Court asked me to preach in the early service the following Sunday.  As I stood to preach, my knees were shaking as I saw Dr. Court standing in the back of the sanctuary to hear my sermon.  After the service he encouraged me with the words that I would make a fine pastor.  I became a senior pastor in five different churches in the Denver area.

What wonders the Lord performs when we ask him for directions regarding which path to take!  I do believe that "God had his hands on me".  After retirement He brought us back to Trinity.

Rod Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment