Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: Sundays: Happy Memories




Tuesday, March 22

Sundays:   Happy Memories

The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me by the still waters.—Psalm 23:1-2

Upon my anticipated move to Denver in 2005, my daughters who already resided in Denver, told me about this church. A beautiful very large church downtown.  One day when we were downtown we passed by Trinity and they told me that was the church they had described. The following Sunday I visited Trinity and was quite impressed. The first thing to impress me was the choir and then the pipe organ. I was especially excited however about the choir, how beautiful they sounded and the number of members in it. With that I decided I wanted to be a part of it. I asked about how to join and that day met Judith Mitchell and joined.

Also I saw how everyone seemed to care for one another and was impressed with the friendliness I had experienced. I was amazed by this in such a large church. Later when I became unemployed in 2006, I spoke with various members of the ministry about my situation. I was told of a position in the nursery and then later a position in the janitorial department. I applied for and obtained both positions which was quite helpful to me at the time. This is when I met Kathy Gibb and Reverend George Brunner. 

I was then employed here in these positions until another opportunity emerged in May 2007 which I took and I left employment at Trinity. These things happened on Sundays.

In my time here at Trinity, I have met a lot of very caring wonderful people: the first Judith Mitchell, then Rev Linda Marshall, Rev Miriam Slejko, Rev Darrell Mount, Jim Feickert, Diane Theobald, and the choir members (too numerous to name) as well as the two I met related to my employment. I want to thank you all and care deeply for you all.

Calagney A. Lange

No comments:

Post a Comment