Monday, March 7, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: It's About Community...Family




Monday, March 7

It’s About Community…Family
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another…—Hebrews 10:24-25a

I have been going to the United Methodist Church since I can remember. As a toddler, I remember walking into my new Sunday school classroom and making the acquaintance of another girl with whom I am still friends. I clearly recall my excitement my first day of kindergarten when that same girl’s sweet face was one of the first I saw in a sea of 5-year-old strangers. As a more independent child in that church, I would venture across the street, a quarter in my sweaty hand, with my Sunday school peers for a doughnut, while our parents attended worship. As I matured, MYF is what drew me to church each Sunday. This foundation bridged me from childhood to adulthood. So, it was only natural, when I moved with my newly-wedded-husband from Arizona to Colorado, that we began attending his Denver home church, Trinity UMC. At Trinity, we worship with our Colorado family each week. At Trinity, we’ve established life-long friendships. At Trinity, we’ve shared life’s joys and sadness with our community, our family.

Heavenly Father, thank you for family and the family you have blessed us with through community, the community you have given us.  Amen.

Julie Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment