Friday, March 4, 2016

"Searching for Sunday" Lenten Devotional Series: True Sacrifice




Friday, March 4

True Sacrifice

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.—John 3:16
 
When I was pregnant, I heard lots of advice from all different people about pregnancy, birth and raising a child. Some of it was helpful, some was a little scary (You will never sleep again!). The underlying theme was about sacrifice- the sacrifices I will make for my baby. My sweet baby boy has been in our lives for over a year now and I have never felt that I was sacrificing anything because of him. I imagine this is how God feels about us. While he made the most amazing sacrifice- His only Son-so we can have eternal life. Lent is a time for reflection and to focus on the sacrifice God made for us. During this Lenten season, my prayer is for God to remind me of what a true sacrifice is...

Christine Case

No comments:

Post a Comment